Texans for Sensible Immigration Policy
We need a sensible immigration policy that secures the border and recognizes the need for continued employment of the current immigrant workforce and a program to meet future employment needs. Such a policy would:
- Secure the border, and use our "Special Forces" to eliminate the Drug Cartels, Smugglers and Thugs.
- Create a pathway to "legal status" for our illegal immigrant workforce (those with no violent criminal record). Issue Positive ID permits allowing work and travel. Allow no shortcut to citizenship except for military service.
- Allow the "permit workers" to only work for employers that withhold and match taxes, thus eliminating the misclassification of illegal immigrants as "independent contractors."
- Develop a viable and efficient visa work program that allows for a timely and reasonable flow of immigrant workers to meet future employment needs
- We are proposing the following “plank” or resolution be adopted by the Texas Republican Party.
Stop Illegal Immigration
Texans resolve to urge Congress to develop a SENSIBLE IMMIGRATION POLICY!
Americans deserve a policy that effectively controls our borders, positively identifies all non-citizens, deports those with violent criminal records. Immigrants that came here illegally of their own accord should have no pathway to citizenship with the exception of military service.
We do not support amnesty. Work permits for non-citizens should be issued only to those who submit to a positive ID process including criminal background check and agree to pay fines and penalty payroll taxes in excess of taxes paid by citizens.
Employers of non-citizens should be required to match those penalty payroll taxes as an incentive to hire U.S. citizens first!
August 25th, 2009 in Latest News
August 10th, 2009 in Latest News
June 4th, 2008 in Latest News